Thursday, August 14, 2008

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

It's official: IDW Publishing will be releasing my satirical post-apocalyptic saga From the Ashes next spring. It will be a six-issue series and stars Michele (my wife) and I in the radioactive wastelands of New York City. I'm dubbing it a "speculative memoir" (can I trademark that?). Consider it the antidote to the seriousness of Cormac McCarthy's The Road (which I haven't read, but it's on my list; suffice it to say, though, I'm sure there's nary a chuckle to be found between its covers).

Some of the prep art can be found here, in older posts. But now, I'm so deliriously delighted to say, this dream project has found a home, thanks to my editor/friend Scott Dunbier and publisher Ted Adams. The first issue will hit the racks in May, so between Connective Tissue in April, and this, 2009 is shaping up to be the big comeback!

Here's a sample page from the first issue.

5 comments:

John Boren said...

Hey, let me be the first to congratulate you!
I've been a fan since the Cracked days, and I'm glad
this project came together for you. Can't wait to see it!
Well, this and Connective Tissue, and your follow-up to Bottom Feeder, and, uh...

Um...

Man, I sure wish I could think of something appropriately witty to say here. Oh well.

Like I said, I've always liked your art and writing,
and I wish you and Michele all the best.

For some reason, I always feel acutely embarrassed when
I post any comment like this on a blog or discussion forum.
It's like I just know that whatever I write, I will come off as some kind of mouth-breathing creep, or worse.

Does that ever happen to you?

No?

Never mind.

John Boren

Bob Fingerman said...

Thanks, John! It's been a while since I've heard from you, but I still have all my Minimum Wage mail in my files.

Let's hope I get to write the sequel to Bottomfeeder, too. All in good time, I reckon.

joedator said...

Congrats Bob!

I can't wait to read the finished product, despite my implied incineration, along with all of your other friends and family. Ah hell, what have I got to live for anyway?

Joe

SEILER said...

Congrats Bob!!!

Bob Fingerman said...

Oops. Sorry about the lag in response: thanks, Jason.